Thursday, July 18, 2013

Not so random thoughts...


As I sit and read my Facebook feed, I can feel the muscles tighten in my neck and back over the smallest grammatical errors penned by COLLEGE GRADUATES!!   I know that I'm guilty of a comma splice and over-punctuating, but come on, people!  These are things that you should know before entering high school! The blunders that raise my blood pressure quickly are the to-too-two, they're-their-there, then-than, and lose-loose mix-ups.  You go to the party with Trent and me.  You don't go to the party with Trent and I.  Who ever went to a party with a person named I?  Don't even get me started on things like "I should of gone to the store" or "Irregardless" because I will not stop.  Oh, and recently I saw a funny e-card that said, "Every time you use an apostrophe to make a word plural, a puppy dies."  SO TRUE! 


Having said these things, there is one more point that burns deep inside my grammar-loving soul.  Good Texans should know how to spell the blessed union of you and all.  Come on back to second grade with me (not with I, you moron).  Think hard.  
"Y'all" is correct.  
"Ya'll" will send me into a complete rage.  


I'll be praying for y'all.  

Next topic...
Why I think auto-correct is from the devil in he'll


2 comments:

  1. and again, this is why we are such forever great friends!! love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's eat, Grandma!
    Let's eat Grandma!

    Proper punctuation is lifesaving, right?

    ReplyDelete