Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So, about my New Year's Resolutions...



Remember when I said I was going to work smarter, not harder and work the hot mom look and find something besides yoga pants to wear?  Yeah, that didn't work out so well today either.  I had to break down and do laundry only because I was out of clean yoga paints.  I felt like I'd failed when I posted that as my status this morning from my phone.  I just HAD to put Facebook back on my phone.  It was  turmoil not knowing if Sally had gone to the gym or not and I seriously need to see the morning selfies and hear your thoughts about the latest episode of the Bachelor.  
In those 36 hours, I missed stuff.  I missed YOU!  

So, yeah, I felt like a failure for falling short of my own expectations for self-improvement for 2014.  But wait! At least I didn't just go buy new yoga pants!  (I may or may not have done that in the past.  Don't judge me.  You don't know my life)  Determined to make something out of this day, I threw on some sweats that I should have gotten rid of 25 lbs ago, just knowing that I'd rock a cute look later for pre-school pick-up and came home to start the laundry.  I was out of detergent.  Well, shit.

I guess I'll paint my bathroom instead.  
Have you ever painted your bathroom?  You uncover a whole new level of nasty when you do that.  You find enough hair to make ten wigs.


I'm not sure what the yellow goo was on the top of the door frame, but I'm just thankful someone had the brilliance to make Clorox wipes.  I'm telling you, if not for Clorox wipes, my house wouldn't get cleaned sometimes.  I know all about Fly Lady and her genius strategies, but I am rebellious and want to just do it my way.  The problem is that when I start to clean, my ADD kicks in and the next thing you know I'm organizing my 7th grade photos.  On the off chance I don't get sidetracked, bad things always happen.  Seriously, y'all.  Last week I attempted to clean my kitchen window and the rails that hold the window open popped out.  I broke the damn window!  This right here is why I've decided my cleaning lady is coming back.  I can't afford to replace windows.

I did manage to finish painting the bathroom in time to get showered and make myself presentable for pick-up.  Clay and I went to Target so that I could buy the detergent to finish the laundry.  Know what?   I decided to try a new laundry detergent....a cheaper one....and I got more yoga pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment