Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Oh, how I've missed you!!


Oh my goodness gracious on a stick!!!! I have missed sharing my innermost thoughts with you all so much! Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I start planning my goals for the following year and getting back to blogging was at the top of my list of goals for 2018!! Somewhere between dog surgeries, selling houses, and trying to keep the foul stank (yes, I meant to type stank) of soccer cleats and shin guards out of my car, I dropped blogging. Well, fear not, my pretties. Mama's back!

We have so much to catch up on, but I'll just give a quick little run down of things on my mind lately.


1) I have the coolest kids ever. I never hid the fact that there was a good chunk of time that I worried about my relationship with my oldest. He was not my favorite person. I always loved him, but I didn't like him. At all. He was kind of a jerk, y'all. To everyone else he was wonderful, polite, and helpful. To me? Not so much. To me he was a total jackass. I can now say without hesitation that he's pretty much my favorite person in the history of the world. He's a lot like me which can be awesome and awful at the same time. Luckily for both of us, 90% of the time, it's the former. As much as he's like me, he's like his dad. He doesn't like to draw attention to himself or put himself out there in social situations. He really likes to hang back and watch it all happen. He's a fantastic athlete. Runs like a gazelle and still loves soccer. At 12 years old he's 5' 5 1/2" and weighs in at a whopping 97 lbs. I don't know how. He eats constantly. Con. Stant. Ly. Both of the boys do. My baby boy isn't such a baby anymore, but he's still MY baby. He still says things that are so innocent. For example, "Mommy, I really want to see one of those 4 times 4 trucks. I bet a 16 year old drives it because 4 times 4 is 16." (Thinking.....) "Oh, buddy, you mean a 4 'by' 4?" "Yeah, see, look. It says '4x4' on the back." I love his little mind. When I think about how far he's come and all the people that have helped him get there, I seriously want to go full Oprah on them and give them all a car. I couldn't have ever gotten here without them.


2) I really and truly thought Nick Saban's head was going to explode during the National Championship game. Like, for real. I was sad to see Georgia lose, but even more sad that Alabama won. 


3) My body is quitting on me. I ran my last race in October 2016. After that race, my doctor told me I needed to take some time off. I said, "Oh, like a few weeks?" She said, "No, like a year." (cue the sound of the record needle being ripped off) So, I took a year off and then started abusing my feet in other ways and after a year of pounding, they have said, "Look-a here, Sister. We ain't playin'. WE SAID NO MORE!!!" What is this fresh hell I've stepped into? My feet hurt all the time. I've succumbed to Birkenstocks. My hair is almost 100% gray without my hair magician, Janae. (But, hey, I can wear it curly if I want to!) Most disturbing of all, is that I can't identify 90% of the songs on the radio or pick the singers out of a line-up. The music scene is pretty terrible lately. I find myself listening to more 80's and 90's music on Pandora or classic hymns if I listen to anything at all. Does all of this officially mean I'm old now? Shit.
 

4) I miss my Lola Jane. We had to help her cross the Rainbow Bridge in September. We don't know how old the poor girl was, but Sister Saggy Tits sure had a great 4 years with us. She ruled this house like a queen. We should all strive to be a little like Lola.
Go against the norm.
"Oh, that laundry is clean? Here, let me lay on it.That way you don't have to worry about folding it." 
Live with determination.
"Yeah, I know my legs are short, but if you leave that loaf of Kings Hawaiian Bread on the counter, I'll show you how high I can jump!"
Protect those you love.
"It's a hard job to sit and stare out this window between 3 hour naps. What if a cat tries to come in and kill us all!!"



5) Peach, pink, tan, and all flesh colored leggings should be BANNED!!! I can't tell you how many wrecks I've almost had taking my son to school because some poor gal didn't have me in her life to tell her, "No, girl! Just, NO!!"

I'm back, y'all.





No comments:

Post a Comment