Tuesday, April 8, 2014

It's a good day, people


It’s a gorgeous day today.  I had every intention of going for a run or cising my jazzer, but I took a big fat nap instead.  I woke up refreshed, renewed, calm, and happy.  Picked up the littlest dude from preschool and enjoyed our drive home.  Pharrell Williams was singing “Happy”, the sunroof was open, and the sun was shining. 

I was feeling generous, so I let someone out of the junior high parking lot instead of blocking their intersection with my car.  My uplifting self-chatter where I tell myself how nice I am gets interrupted by the blast of a horn behind me.  I look in my rearview mirror to see a very shiny and new black Audi suv.  Its driver was yelling and throwing what I can only assume to be middle-aged man gang signs.  It’s cool, I let it go.  Maybe he had a bad day.  I’m not gonna let him disrupt my positive chi. 

We’re in a school zone and at an intersection with a red light, so traffic is moving slow anyway.  Man, it is so pretty outside today!  The wind is blowing leaves into my car, but I pay them no mind.  I’m just happy.  I get to the intersection where I’m finally able to turn and that damn horn sounds again, only this time longer and louder than before while the toupee-wearing gangster makes a threatening motion with his hand while speeding through the light.  Damn, dude.  It appears my positive chi has been disturbed.  I hope a large bird takes a shit on your car.


1 comment: